UNM alum Frerichs qualifies for Olympics with more Lobos in the mix
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- Lobo alum Courtney Frerichs is headed to the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
Frerichs qualified for the 3000 Steeplechase.
She is headed to the summer games for the second time.
More former Lobos are in the mix for the Olympics and are competing in their country’s respective trials.
Here’s the list of Lobos competing:
- Courtney Frerichs – 3000 steeplechase (qualified for Tokyo)
- Abdirizak Ibrahim – Men’s 1500 meters
- Charlotte Prouse – Women’s 5000 meters
- Weini Kelati, Edna Kurgat – Women’s 10,000 meters
- Josh Kerr – Men’s 1500m
- Max Wharton – Men’s 1500m
- Hannah Nuttall – Women’s 3000m Steeplechase
- Charlotte Arter – Women’s 5000m
- Michael Wilson – Men’s 800m
- Sam Trigg-Petrovic – Men’s Triple Jump