APD deputy commander presents cell phone data in Fabian Gonzales trial

[anvplayer video=”5122803″ station=”998122″]

To watch the fourth day of testimony, here is part one and part two.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Monday was the fourth day of testimony in the trial of Fabian Gonzales, who is facing charges for child abuse and tampering with evidence.

The state is continuing to build their case that Gonzales created a dangerous situation for Victoria Martens – and also tried to cover up her death by dismembering her body.

Most of the hard evidence presented Monday was related to cell phone data, and was presented by Albuquerque Police Department Deputy Commander Kyle Hartsock. He testified about his time analyzing data from Gonzales, Gonzales’ at-the-time girlfriend and Victoria’s mom, Michelle Martens, and Gonzales’ cousin, Jessica Kelley.

The prosecution claims that data shows Kelley was the only known person left alone with Victoria on the day she was killed. It also revealed some of their communications – like text messages from Victoria’s mom about when Victoria got off the school bus on her 10th birthday.

Hartsock: “It’s the phone we associate with Jessica Kelley. And the content says, ‘Please make sure you get Victoria at the bus stop.’ From Michelle to Jessica: ‘Did you go get Victoria?'”

It appears Kelley never responds to Michelle Martens. Kelley already testified that she was on meth earlier that day – and said she wouldn’t trust herself to watch her own children when she was on meth.

Hours before Victoria was killed in 2016, Michelle Martens got a text from a neighbor.

Hartsock: “The message reads, ‘Hi, this is Amanda, Bailey’s mom. We’re neighbors. Victoria is trying to get a hold of you.’ Michelle responds to Amanda, Bailey’s mom, by saying, ‘OK I am coming. Keep her there.'”

Bailey’s mom later sends a text, saying, “OK, she went home. I guess someone is there now.”

Now, we know that person at Victoria’s apartment was Jessica Kelley. Victoria was strangled a short time later.

After the presentation of cell phone data, neighbors took the stand to share what they saw and heard the night Victoria was killed.

The trial is expected to last through next week.