APS Board selects semifinalists for superintendent
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — We’re down to the final four candidates to become the next superintendent for Albuquerque Public Schools.
The semi-finalists are:
- Thomas Ahart, Des Moines, IA, former superintendent of Des Moines Public Schools, now a consultant with the Council of the Great City Schools
- Mason Bellamy, Clarksville, TN, Chief of Academics and Schools for Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Gabriella Durán Blakey, Albuquerque, Chief of Operations Officer, Albuquerque Public Schools
- Channell Segura, Albuquerque, Chief of Schools, Albuquerque Public Schools
APS staff and the public will have the opportunity to meet the finalists in several public forums scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 30 at the Berna Facio Professional Development Complex:
- 9 a.m. – noon Public Town Hall featuring a student panel and pre-submitted questions for the superintendent finalists
- 5 – 5:45 p.m. APS Employee Forum where finalists will be asked questions pre-submitted by teachers and staff
- 6 -8 p.m. General Public Forum where finalists will introduce themselves and answer pre-submitted questions
You may submit a question for the superintendent finalists here no later than Jan. 26.
The board is scheduled to meet in executive session on Wednesday, Jan. 31 to interview the finalists.
The new superintendent will replace Superintendent Scott Elder, who will be leaving APS when his contract expires on June 30.