Cooling centers available for Albuquerque residents
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The City of Albuquerque is providing cooling centers to help residents get out of the sun and avoid the heat.
The following places will be available for people to go to, where they can cool off and get water and sunscreen:
- American Indian Center — 105 Texas St. SE
- Compassion Services Center — 541 Mesilla St. SE
- First Nations, Zuni Clinic — 5608 Zuni Rd. SE
- First United Methodist Church — 315 Coal Ave. SW
- God’s Warehouse — 8011 Central Ave. NE
- Good Shepherd Center — 218 Iron Ave. SW
- HopeWorks — 1201 3rd St. NW
- The Rock — 2400 2nd St. NW
- St. Francis (Francis House) — 8016 Zuni Rd. SE Suite A
If you need a free ride, contact the Community Support Shuttle operated by NM Veterans Integration Center at (505) 569-3530.
Heat advisories are posted throughout the state of New Mexico. Full details are available at kob.com/weather.