New Mexico State Fair Day 7: College and career day, Dollar Day
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — New Mexicans will get to see possible college and career prospects and save money for it on Day 7 of the State Fair.
Wednesday is Dollar Day at the New Mexico State Fair. General admission is $1 all day and all rides are $1 per ride (minimum purchase of 10 rides required).
Once you’re in, the New Mexico Higher Education Department is holding a special “Pathways to College and Careers” event.
The event will feature more than 40 exhibitors, including state public colleges, universities, adult education and career training programs. There will also be representatives from financial aid, Indian education, adult education divisions and college readiness programs.
The event is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Expo New Mexico. The Western New Mexico University’s Mariachi Plata will also be there.
Here is a look at what else is happening Wednesday at the state fair:
- Open/Jr. Dairy Cattle Show – Beef Barn – 10–10:30 a.m.
- ENMU Jazz Band – Chevron Pavilion – 12–1 p.m.
- Cake Contest – Creative Arts Building – 1:30-2 p.m.
- Midnight Ryders – Indian Village – 3-3:45 p.m.
- Twist & Shout: Tribute to The Beatles – Chevron Pavilion – 5-6:15 p.m.
- PRCA Rodeo and Calf Scramble – Tingley Coliseum – 6:45-11 p.m.
- DeWave and Friends – African American Pavilion – 7:30-8:45 p.m.
For more information, check out our full guide to the New Mexico State Fair here: