Police: 3 teens found dead in garage in Edgewood

[anvplayer video=”5161285″ station=”998122″]

EDGEWOOD, N.M. — Edgewood police are investigating after three teens were found dead in a garage Sunday.

In a Facebook post, police say the deaths may be carbon monoxide poisoning because a propane heater was found to be in use.

“Right now, it doesn’t appear that there’s any foul play or any suspicious activity to believe that this isn’t just an accident,” Edgewood Police Chief Roger Jimenez said. “We did locate, what looks like, a commercial propane heater that was on and running when our first responders arrived on the scene. The indications kind of pointed to carbon monoxide poisoning of the three individuals.”

The teens were identified as students at Moriarty High School.

Officials are working with local school districts to provide counseling to students and families.