‘Singing Valentines’ share a love of music for Valentine’s Day
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Roses are red, violets are blue, and, when it comes to your sweetheart, there’s no better way to say I love you than a song.
At least the Albuquerque Singing Valentines think so.
For almost 30 years, the Singing Valentines have given both friends and sweethearts some special valentines.
They’re one of several quartets who, every year, deliver singing valentines to homes, offices and other places. They even do phone calls.
“There is nothing quite as special as being serenaded and so the common response is that the recipient will shed a tear or often break down crying,” Singing Valentines member Tony Sparks said.
They don’t come empty-handed, either. They also give roses and chocolates.
The quartet does charge for their services but a portion of that goes toward the New Mexico Youth Harmony Camp. The nonprofit camp helps young people find and grow their love for music.
Still, if you’re still looking for a Valentine’s Day gift for your sweetheart or friend, we have some ideas for you.
Ideas for the ladies:
- Flowers or chocolate – you can never go wrong
- Gift card to her favorite store
- Perfume and candles
- Acts of service – always a big help!
- Clean the house
- Cook her a meal or bake something (e.g., cake or cookies)
- Watch a rom-com on the couch
Ideas for the gentlemen:
- Cologne is always an option
- New wallet
- Tools or sporting equipment
- New electronic item
- Gift card to his favorite store
- Home-cooked meal – always appreciated
If you’re single, we did not forget about you! Here are some ideas:
- Have a spa day
- Go out with friends
- Have a movie marathon
- Try out a new restaurant
- Splurge on a gift for you