Health alert issued for wildfire smoke in Albuquerque, Bernalillo County
BERNALILLO COUNTY, N.M. — County health officials issued an alert Monday due to wildfire smoke.
The health alert warns those with respiratory conditions in the City of Albuquerque and Bernalillo County to limit outdoor activity.
The warning goes into effect 4 p.m. Monday, May 16 and expires 9 p.m. Monday.
Steps that you can take during health alerts:
- Limit your time spent outdoors and avoid outdoor exercise.
- Schools and senior citizen facilities may want to provide indoor activities to minimize exposure to elevated outdoor particulate levels.
- Keep windows and doors closed. If needed for comfort, use air conditioners or heating systems on recycle/recirculation mode.
- If symptoms of heart or lung disease occur, (including shortness of breath, chest tightness, chest pain, palpitations or unusual fatigue) contact your health care provider.
- Individuals with heart or lung disease should follow their health management plan from their health care provider.
- Asthmatic individuals should follow a prescribed asthma management plan.
For more information, click here.