Jeremiah Lopez found guilty of 2019 murder
[anvplayer video=”5115780″ station=”998122″]
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A 41-year-old man was found guilty Wednesday on six counts related to the murder of his fiancé in 2019.
Jeremiah Lopez was convicted of fatally strangling his fiancé, Krishauna Perez, 27, in her bedroom and having sex with her body before trying to kill himself.
In 2019, Lopez admitted to the crimes in initial calls and statements to police, citing an alleged affair as his motive for the murder. During closing arguments Tuesday, he laid out the graphic details again on the stand.
Lopez was found guilty on:
- One count of first-degree willful and deliberate murder
- One count of first-degree felony murder
- One count of false imprisonment
- Two counts of third-degree criminal sexual penetration
- One count of second-degree criminal sexual penetration resulting in personal injury
Sentencing will be announced at a later time. Lopez faces life in prison, plus 12 additional years.