PNM offers help via Summer Heat Bill Help Fund
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The above-average summertime heat probably made you sweat a bit more when you saw your electric bill – but there are bill assistance options.
Now through September 30, customers with high bills can apply for $250,000 in assistance from the PNM Summer Heat Bill Help Fund. The fund will allow verified customers some flexibility if they are struggling with their bills.
PNM will also use $250,000 to expand its Good Neighbor Fund bill assistance program.
The funds are intended to help customers looking for bill assistance. PNM Resources says they will match customers’ contributions to offer more assistance to those who need it.
To lower your bill, PNM recommends:
- Raising your thermostat; every degree higher means 1-2% saved on your bill
- Turning your ceiling fan counterclockwise to push cool air into most-used spaces
- Closing your blinds to avoid the sun heating up your home
- Not using the dishwasher, washer and dryer when it’s hot out (late afternoon/early evening)
- Grilling outside to avoid the additional heat from cooking appliances
For more info on how to apply for the Summer Heat Bill Help Fund and other budgeting and money-saving tips PNM has, click here.