Third suspect pleads guilty in beating death of 4-year-old boy
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Another person pleaded guilty to the beating death of a 4-year-old boy in Albuquerque. This marks the third conviction in the killing of James Dunklee Cruz.
Prosecutors say the latest suspect to fess up is Pamela Esparza – who pleaded to abandonment of a child resulting in death, failure to report child abuse, and one count of child abuse.
Prosecutors say she not only knew about the abuse that was going on, but took part in it. She is looking at up to 18 years in prison.
Last week, the boy’s mother, Krista Cruz pleaded guilty to the death of her son. Krista’s roommate, Zerrick Marquez, admitted to killing him just last year.
- Mother pleads guilty in role of 4-year-old child’s death
- CYFD faces wrongful death lawsuit following 4-year-old boy’s death
- 2 more people charged in child’s death at Albuquerque apartment complex
- Mother charged in the death of 4-year-old
- Man accused of killing a 4-year-old agrees to life sentence
- CYFD accused of covering up records in death of 4-year-old boy
- Albuquerque man sentenced to 30 years in prison for killing of 4-year-old