Santa Fe DA to file charges in ‘Rust’ shooting Tuesday
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies will file criminal charges in the Rust film set shooting Tuesday, her office announced.
The district attorney will file involuntary manslaughter charges against Rust producer and actor Alec Baldwin and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed. They face charges for the fatal October 2021 shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the Rust film set in Santa Fe County.
Other documents are expected to be released Tuesday. They’ll detail more about the district attorney’s investigation and terms of a plea deal David Halls, the film’s first assistant director, agreed to.
- Alec Baldwin, armorer to be charged with involuntary manslaughter in ‘Rust’ shooting
- ‘Rust’ special prosecutor also balancing job as state legislator
- ‘Rust’ film, Halyna Hutchins’ family reach settlement; filming to resume in 2023
- State grants half of requested funding to DA for potential ‘Rust’ prosecutions
- Sheriff’s office releases investigation into fatal ‘Rust’ shooting
- The ‘Rust’ shooting, one year later: Will anyone face charges?